What Does a "GREEN RV" Really Mean?
The EverGreen RV process blends lean manufacturing techniques with a combination of energy efficiency and healthy, environmentally sustainable materials to create products that satisfy consumer needs with minimal environmental impact. A stringent set of green RV categories determine if a company is truly a green RV company. These categories include the following tough sustainable manufacturing standards: resource efficiency, energy efficiency, water efficiency, indoor air quality, operation & maintenance. EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC was awarded the Highest Certified Emerald Green Rating of any RV company. We truly are building a "Green RV".
The First Certified Green Emerald Rating for any RV Company
EverGreen Recreational Vehicles LLC is the first RV company in history to achieve the TRA Certified Green Emerald Rating for its eco-friendly Ever-LiteTM travel trailers. The Certified Green Emerald status was based on the eco-friendly, composite construction, durable outside wall construction with which EverGreen travel trailers are stringently built. The Certified Green RV Emerald Status was also based on EverGreen's lean and green manufacturing processes that recycles all waste and even reuses window and wall cutouts as baggage doors on its products.
E2 Economical and Eco-friendly
Here are just a few examples of how eco-friendly is also economical for you as the owner of sustainable EverGreen Ever-Lite travel trailers.
• Replacing Tropical Hardwoods with Lightweight ComposiTek Composites--Conventionally built RVs contain a plywood product known as lauan that is not a sustainable material. Also known as "Brazilian mahogany", lauan is imported from tropical rain forests from South America to Indonesia. EverGreen eliminates over 50 sheets of lauan per travel trailer, replacing it with stronger, more lightweight and sustainable ComposiTekTM that never harms a tree, is impervious to water and will resist rot, mold and mildew. These sustainable materials also replaced three to four sheets of plywood in the interior furnishings. Sustainable, ComposiTekTM materials are made in the U.S.A.
• Sustainable Composites Weigh Less--Because Ever-Lite travel trailers are 20 percent or 1,000 to 1,200 pounds lighter than ordinary travel trailers, they require less energy to move and can be towed by smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles. The Department of Energy estimates that every 1,000 pounds trimmed from a vehicle increases fuel efficiency by 7 percent.
• Recycled Materials--The comfortable pillow-top queen bed mattress inside every Ever-Lite travel trailer is made out of recycled water bottles.
• Dark Tint Windows Save Energy--The combination of dark tint windows, roof vents and sky domes, along with higher R-value insulation, create a more energy efficient travel trailer.
•Tougher Longer Lasting Composites--More durable materials and construction combined with a travel trailer made out of recyclable and sustainable materials means an EverGreen product may never end up in a landfill.
• Plant a Tree with Every Purchase--For every travel trailer a retail customer buys, we have a tree planted in their name. Looking towards the future, our Trees for the Future program provides EverGreen with carbon credits.
• Sustainable, Green Initiatives Because EverGreen Cares--Elimination of waste throughout the company includes use of post consumer marketing materials and soy based inks. Car pooling programs by employees are encouraged to decrease the use of fossil fuels and greenhouse gases. Using local suppliers when available, working with suppliers to eliminate packaging and potential trash, extensive recycling procedures and many more programs to try and make a difference.
EverGreen Recreational Vehicles
Earns DSI Award From Dealers
The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) honored EverGreen Recreational Vehicles with its Quality Circle Award for 2010.
When rating their brands/manufacturers, RVDA asks dealers to express, confidentially, their level of satisfaction on eight core issues: sales support, sales territory, vehicle design, vehicle reliability/quality, competitive price/value, parts support, dealership warranty support, overall dealer communications.
EverGreen RV donates a tree for every travel trailer or fifth-wheel sold. Since 1989, Trees for the Future has been helping communities around the world plant trees.